On May 2014, the AFTER project has officially ended. Please find included a direct access to the Publishable Report of the AFTER project. This Publishable Report offers a …
Welcome to the AFTER Project
Cost Optimum and Standard Solutions for Maintenance and Management of the Social Housing Stock
AFTER Project has implemented for 3 years actions dedicated to improve the contribution of the maintenance and management of the social housing organizations to energy savings policies
18 Partners of the project have performed between May 2011 and May 2014 a retrospective analysis of the actual efficiency of energy savings measures implemented during the years 2006-2011.They have also tested new measures regarding operation and maintenance on 18 Pilot Sites leading to signficant results in terms of energy savings. Find more information on the website of the project
- 84 Factsheets concerning the main energy saving measures implemented in the European Social Housing Stock from 2006 to 2011 concerning the running maintenance and the operating management.
- 3 tested standard Energy Saving Measures have been implemented in the 6 participating country for a total of 824 dwellings. These measures have impacted the existing energy performance of the buildings with saving from 5% for low-cost investment concerning maintenance (hydraulic balancing of the systems for example) up to 40% (global refurbishment of the building). Corresponding optimization solutions directly financed by the AFTER budget have completed these measures.
- The general level of performance is highly satisfying with more than 1811 MWh (398,42 toe/year) saved on the AFTER Pilot Sites. The corresponding amount of energy represents the savings obtained thanks to the optimization solutions of existing energy saving measures. These optimization solutions correspond to approx. 3 to 7% of complementary savings after the implementation of the original Energy Saving Measure.
- Tenants have been informed on every Pilot Site (more than `1500 of tenants implied!) about the implementation of the optimized ESM.
- Participating SHOs have included the quantitative objectives of energy reduction in their asset management plans. The outputs of the AFTER optimized measures tested during our monitoring period have been included in larger strategies aimed at reaching the 20-20-20 Energy strategies.
- More than 200 professionals have participated in the general dissemination activities of the AFTER project. Specials workshops have been organized in the participating countries gathering professionals of the housing sector but also research institutes, tenants representatives, architects, politicians, etc. Around 20 articles have been published concerning the project and its main results in scientific or professional reviews
Tools for maintenance & performance documentation By Elsebeth Terkelsen, Architect MAA, Aarhus School of Architecture and Olav Kirchhoff, Development Consultant, Association of Social Housing Organisations, BL, Denmark The …